Discovery Group takes a long term view with our investment portfolio. Our strategy is to:
- Generate long term rental income by holding investment assets to cover dividends, interest and overheads.
- Deliver leading market returns to maximize the Groups Net Asset Value with hands on Asset Management.
- Invest in higher yielding investment properties, in income generating properties before refurbishment, restructuring non-performing loans, value added: prime located properties with scope for further development.
- We frequently extend or refurbish our properties and working hard in hand with our tenants ensure maximum occupancy in our portfolio properties. Our long term relationships with these tenants and understanding of their requirements create regular opportunities to improve values through re-gearing leases or tenant relocation with expansion or contraction of their business.
- Discovery adopts a variety of risk management approaches with its development activities either investing and developing directly or on major projects entering joint ventures.
- We ensure through a variety of different structures, i.e. profit participation, forward funding or forward sale, shareholder equity is only carefully deployed in a risk managed way.
- By leveraging the capital employed by the Group and managing the risks inherent in the development process we maximize the Group's share of profits in any joint venture development.
- Discovery has a significant track record of managing risk successfully in the CEE market environment for Institutional Investment partners and Retail operators.
- The Group have
- Developed and permitted over 900,000 sq.m of retail, leisure and entertainment floorspace in CEE
- The current permitted development pipeline in our portfolio is over 265,000 sq.m of floorpace in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- The Group provide management services for the entire development process, from the initial concept and client briefing stage, origination, master planning, permitting, procurement and project management through to construction and completion.
- Discovery has a significant track record in working in the CEE environment directly or co-invested with Institutional and Private Investment partners. The asset management team have:
- Managed assets of over EUR 450 million.
- Closed real estate financings of over EUR 700 million.
- Leased over 100,000 sq.m of retail and 70,000 sq.m of office floor space.
- Discovery are specialists in leasing and providing the asset and property management post development, focusing on maximizing the value of the property and optimizing income and investment returns for co investors.